Inspired by this post over on Cupcakes and Cashmere, I thought how nice it would be to make my own list of summer plans. I like making lists and find that saying that I AM going to do something is the best way of making me actually go out and achieve it. It’s a good feeling to get things ticked off your life list but of course they don’t have to be big things. Some of the most pleasurable aspects of summer are really about enjoying the season and the weather and so I’ve included things big and small on the list.
Why not spend some of your day dreaming about warmer days, balmy nights and glorious sunshine, then leave me a list of things you would like to do this summer…
1. Lingering over chilled rose on a balmy evening in the candle lit garden and talking life plans with Pete.
2. Sharing food plates with friends on a warm, languid evening in one of the many local pavement cafes where I live.
3. Preparing simple fresh food with home grown ingredients from the allotment.
4. Fruit picking and maybe even making my own jam…
5. Adding pops of colour throughout our home with quirky accents and geometric graphic brights, particularly finishing the dining room!
6. Feeling the sun on my skin
7. Blogging outside under a parasol on my new Macbook Pro instead of being chained to my desk!
8. Making a get away to the chic seaside in Cornwall with my Mum and sister for a girls’ weekend in June.
9. Perfecting summer city chic and a workwear wardobe that’s fun but professionally appropriate.
10. Finishing the summer with a festival at Bestival on the Isle of Wight.
So what would you like to do this summer? You don’t have to think of ten, but I’d love to hear your plans (and dreams!)