In my family, it’s customary to have a main christmas or birthday present, and also some small presents too, which is lovely to receive but tricky to accomplish sometimes. It’s hard to find stocking fillers that are both ‘wanted’ and also within budget as they can easily add up. I’ve rounded up a selection of my favourites here for girls and guys (although of course some you might disagree with me – cheese lovers I’m looking at you! 😉 )
Earrings £6 Accessorize // Burt Bees Lip Balm, John Lewis £3.14 // Tangle Teezer £10.99 John Lewis // Glitter Tape, £3.50/roll Paper Mash // Bespoke pencil set £25 Abigail Warner at NOTHS.com // Meringue Girls Cookbook Amazon £10.20
Happy Socks £8, ASOS // iPhone initial case – Paperchase £12 // Stag and Owl Wine stoppers, Paperchase £8 // Ravioli cutter, Tesco £5.99 // Alex Ferguson My Autobiography, Amazon £12 // Wensleydale with Fig and Orange truckle £1 ASDA
For the girls…
- Pretty studs for every day
- A sweet lip balm
- For girls of all ages, a hair brush guaranteed to get through those knotty ends
- Sparkly tape for all manner of gift wrapping and crafty plans
- Personalised pencils for the smartest girl at school (or in the office)
- For the domestic goddess, or sweet toothed, the cookbook of the moment.
For the boys…
- Christmas cheese for festive nibbles
- The most talked about autobiography (and book?) this year, a must for any football fan.
- For the foodie, a ravioli press to make his own filled pasta parcels
- Happy socks, because black socks are boring.
- An initialled Phone cover
- For a litte bit of gentlemanly style, a stag wine stopper.
I know I always find picking out budget stocking fillers tricky without resorting to the same old same old and without spending a fortune, so I’d love to hear if you have any great ideas?
This morning, it’s a very quick last few ideas for stocking fillers before the Christmas shopping deadlines.
Most shops are still accepting orders for delivery before Christmas until the end of the day, (notonthehighstreet.com only until 11am!) so if you’ve got anything left to buy and can’t face the shops do make sure you get it done quickly this morning and save the time spent battling the masses on your local high street for Christmas fun with the ones you love 😉
- Every year I buy someone (if not several people) these Gap wool socks. The picture doesn’t make them look good but they do different colours and patterns and are the warmest socks ever for wearing with boots in the winter. Without fail they go on my list too.
- Party girl or cocktail lover? White Peach Puree – for an effortless Bellini.
- For a perfect pout all winter long… Eve Lom Kiss Mix.
- For the man who loves a kitchen gadget, give him uniformity with a Meat Baller!
- A shade that ticks all the boxes for a great price, try giving Metallic nails (or any number of other reasonably priced makeup items) – Topshop
- For the gardener in your life, string in a tin – Crocus
- In a range of different phrases to tickle everyone’s humorous side and making a great fold up tote for inside your bag… Book Club Tote – notonthehighstreet.com
- Save your own moisturiser from being depleted and treat him to his own… Nivea for men – to soothe his winter chapped skin.
- Interiors fanatics and design afficionados will appreciate the credentials of the Pantone Bone China Mug in Custard Yellow.
- And lastly, my favourite ‘find’. For handbag lovers, cat owners and the safety conscious alike (– that should have every female friend or relative you know covered then,) have you seen this genius and stylish Alessi Handbag Hook? Shaped like a cat, you keep it in your bag then balance it off a table edge where the tail keeps your bag close to hand. LOVE.
That’s the last Christmas gift guide for 2011! I purchased my last present last night (smug face) and am now facing a mountain of wrapping…
Pop back this afternoon for Florence’s book club!