You wouldn’t know it, given my addiction to Jo Malone, but I am very choosy when it comes to perfume. When I discovered Jo Malone however, I was thrilled to find there were in fact fragrances in existence that don’t give me a headache on first spritz. Now I have 4 different scents in my coveted collection which I vary for the season and to suit my mood, like a proper grown up laydee 😉
When I received an invitation to try the latest limited edition Sugar and Spice collection I hot-footed it down to Selfridges to experience the different fragrances and bring you my review.
All in the name of research of course, I sniffed and tested each one, finding a clear favourite in the Lemon Tart.
- Elderflower and Gooseberry – reminded me of classic perfumes, for the fragrance traditionalist.
- Ginger Biscuit – similar to Tierry Muglers ‘Angel’ with a rich sweet scent.
- Lemon Tart – My favourite. Undeniably sweet but fresh, mellowing to a sugary warm but still light perfume.
- Bitter Orange and Chocolate – Just like a Chocolate Orange!
- Redcurrant and Cream – For the Pomegranate Noir lover, slightly lighter for the summer months but very similar.
Can I tempt you to try any of the Jo Malone Sugar and Spice collection?