This week the building work on our new kitchen has really got under way. The final pieces of steel are going in today to make way for the chimney breast to come out and the bifold opening to be knocked through. As each day goes on it brings with it a ton of questions we haven’t anticipated and essentially being project managers is stressful, frustrating and bewildering at times. Right now we are deciding on flooring (including my last minute doubts re Amtico/Karndean vinyl wood look flooring versus real wood,) exterior lighting, how and where to move some newly discovered pipes to, and of all things, window sills.
Here are some links to keep you going in the meantime!
- Sink decisions: Do we go stainless steel or white? (It will be undermounted in the white marble island.)
- I have always loved these rugs but this is the best priced one I have seen in a long time. via Rose & Grey.
- I’m already dreaming of the things I’ll cook in my new kitchen, from the simple and everyday to party recipes like this amazing ice cream cake!
- Even though it’s pretty neutral, I loved this living room makeover on Design Mom – imagine living in a tree house!
- Love this printed tote for summer.
If you didn’t see yesterday, don’t forget to go and comment on yesterdays baby names post – I am loving reading your thoughts and suggestions! It’s so helpful. (We actually had our first productive conversation last night about names over dinner!) We’re off to Brimham rocks this weekend for some family birthday celebrations. I hope you have a great one readers!
PS I’d love to know if any of you have any experience of engineered wood in a kitchen versus vinyl floor tiles like Amtico or Karndean? Let me know! (We want a wood ‘look’ either way.)