It can’t have escaped your notice that flats are having a moment… whether it be ‘flatforms’, brogues, moccasins, low heeled loafers or the trend I’m tackling today, Smoking slippers.
Admittedly, it’s not a trend I’m 100% on board with – like everything in fashion there are some representations of the trend I like and others I’m not so keen on. Particularly for the ladies amongst us with shall we say longer feet, I think it’s key to look for one with a shorter upper, more akin to a ballet flat and that’s the style I prefer.
Given that it’s London Fashion Week as of today and there will be heels galore clicking across the pavements around Somerset house, I couldn’t help but let myself round up a few alternative options, imagining them on tired feet or tucked into bags running between shows.
- Leopard print – Zara
- Nude studded slippers – Topshop
- Square toe slipper cut loafer in silver Glitter – Dune
- Fox head black velvet – Urban Outfitters *I so want these!
- Metallic snakeskin – Carvela Kurt Geiger
- Dark red studded velvet – River Island
- Quilted and studded – Dorothy Perkins
- Red studded slipper – Zara
- Black and white animal print calf hair – GAP
When it comes to this style, the more embellishment the better, with glitter and embroidery or animal prints and think opulent with velvets, metallics and animal hair.
Have you bought into the trend and which is your favourite here?
PS! In case you’re on a shoe mission right now –
30% off women’s court shoes at Kurt Geiger.