It’s January 31st and I’m sad #JanuaryJoy is over!
Todays prompt was to reflect. In a moment I’m going to share what I did for each of these prompts but really, for me, January Joy wasn’t about the individual activities but the overall feeling it has given me, and I hope some of you. There’s always a reason to feel under the weather, a hard day at work, miserable weather, life not working out the way you had planned. #JanuaryJoy was about making time for yourself, finding joy in the little things, feeling proud of things you can do, making the most of new experiences and fitting in things you never manage to prioritise. Prioritising is the key word – we all have a finite amount of time in the day and certain things can’t wait, work commitments, and hopefully family are pretty high up that list, but taking part in #JanuaryJoy has made me prioritise myself and ultimately my own happiness. It’s a resolution I’ll be keeping this year. 😉
So, how did my January Joy go?
1. I made some resolutions and am doing okay with them so far… more on this later.
2. #DryJanuary was tough, and I had a couple of slip-ups, or shall we say intentional ‘breaks’ but it has really changed my outlook on alcohol and I’m drinking so much less. I no longer head for the fridge after a stressful day and I’m feeling so much better for it.
3. Pete and I finally got our date on the 18th, better late than never! (We went here,)
5. We talked skin care and I reminded you all to treat your spots properly – sharing my acne treatment.
6. Penny introduced me to Haim (who I later heard on Radio 2!)
7. I pledged to do more Yoga this year (and managed to do it for the first time last night!)
10. For a mid-month cheer up, I tried the silhouette or crescent moon manicure
11. I discovered The Glass Palace through Gemma’s reading recommendations for January
12. I updated you all on how Pete and I were getting on with our new financial arrangements and talked savings.
13. I’m getting my better-late-than-never hair cut today (hurrah)
14. I shared some medical know-how on how to prepare yourself for pregnancy if 2013 is the year you’ll be starting a family.
15. Meatless Monday saw me sharing my latest meat-free recipe
16. Now the temperatures have settled down, I might be able to get on with my Craft project!
17. I started on my photobook of our road trip last year.
18. For my clear out I tackled my shoes, purchasing new ikea boxes to store them in, and Michelle taught us how to tackle your whole wardrobe.
19. I planned a trip to the Opera, and Victoria shared her Girl about Town tips for nationwide culture.
Now I’d love to hear how your January went – did you do any of the activities? (I know many of you did lots if not all of them!) Thank you so much if you got involved and watch out for a post soon rounding up all my favourite blog posts inspired by January Joy 🙂