This morning, I thought I’d do a what to wear with a difference… This is what real women wear. Women that I’m proud to call my friends.
Last weekend I went away for the night to Leeds for the long-awaited Do-of-Pen. Penny, our music guru here at Florence Finds, had organised a meet up for some lovely ladies who chat on Twitter and when the day dawned, of course, it was all about what to wear. I often go for fashion forward choices in my own what to wear posts, partly because I love to experiment, but partly because I feel obliged to practise what I preach. However, that doesn’t stop me from looking forward to every night out to see what people are wearing and this one was no exception! I thought I’d do a round up of what everyone else wore and maybe it would give you some ideas on how to switch up your accessories, make an unexpected colour pairing or just provide a damn good nosey!
The outfits are in colour order, as we (unintentionally) created a fabulous rainbow, of colour (and personalities) that worked beautifully together 🙂
Anna (Any Other Wedding)
- French Connection nude dress
- Black tights
- Feather necklace – similar here
- Black heels – similar from Zara
Penny (Bad Penny Says)
- Pink dress, (similar at ASOS)
- Leather jacket – similar at H&M
- Unicorn earrings. Yes, Penny is that cool.
Me: (The only one I have a photo of and it wasn’t taken on the night!) Remember the Friday Frock? Check in here for the dress details and the tights are Topshop, finished with Mac’s ‘Lady Danger’ orange-red lipstick and orange nails.
Kirsty (A Safe Mooring)
Gemma (Prettiest Hobo)
- ASOS chiffon midi dress
- Lace up Ankle boots – (Similar) Pour la Victoire at The Outnet.com
- Bug collar necklace – Topshop
- Bay – Mulberry Bayswater.
Bex (Olive Dragonfly)
Amy (Field and Fallow)
- Turquoise dress
- Yes, that is a bow, and yes, it was worn in Amy’s waist length hair, a la Gaga! Courtesy of Gemma’s hair skillz.
- Leopard flats
Laura (A Parliament of Owls)
- Zig Zag beaded bag
- Navy asymmetrical dress
- Nude patent platform heels
- Crowned with FAB-ulous hair we were all frankly jealous of.
Lucy (Lucy Stendall)
- Black dress with beaded neck detail. get the look on your LBD by adding a statement beaded bib necklace like this one.
- Lucy’s look was all about the glamour – very Audrey Hepburn: Red lip and liner flick.
So ladies, we’re going to do a SATC-esque commenting effort now… which lady are you?
PS Manchester next?