Good afternoon readers!
I feel like I’ve had so much to say about Autumn already! It really is one of my favourite times of year. I never want to go on holiday between October and New Year because it’s just one celebration (read ‘excuse for a party’) after another. There’s that back-to-school feeling, the leaves turning and crisp autumn walks, the first frosts and Halloween!
I love Halloween, and although not many people celebrate it much over here in the UK, I couldn’t resist putting some spooky ideas together for those of you who might want to! I’ve seen some really cool bits and pieces this year for decor, food and even nails!
- Are you the crafty type? Try this DIY Halloween wreath from All Things Simple and decorate for pence.
- I love this food table with Pumpkin Balloons from Martha Stewart, perfect for a lower key (UK style) Halloween get together
- These are just awesome… Shrunken heads in Cider via Martha Stewart
- I’m really wanting a bit of cobweb nail art after seeing some Sally Hansen cobweb nail stickers that sadly aren’t available here. How about giving a nod to the trend with these dark talons for a bit of Halloween style.
- Rats in the house? I often think US Halloween decor takes over somewhat but loved this simple and tasteful(!) halloween decor for your home from Martha Stewart
- Or how about ghostly decor for a haunted house – Country Living
- Most Halloween food is plain wrong but I think these are super cool – amazing for a party! Lychee and Grape Eyeball Martinis – Martha Stewart
- Got little ones to entertain? Try this halloween kids DIY (via Oh So Lovely) by KatieCupcake
- And lastly… looking for some costume ideas for fright night? A tutorial on fun frizz for your Halloween costumes… via The Beauty Department
So now it’s over to you. I want to hear if you celebrate Halloween, if you bother with a pumpkin or if (lucky you!) you’re going to a party or dressing up this weekend!
Lots of ghoulish love,