I could dedicate post upon post to what the sales have to offer this year, but I think that might be a little bit tiring for you all (read ‘boring’) so, instead, I’ll be focusing on a few key items and stores that are particularly worthy of consideration this year when you hit the sales.
First up, I always think the sales are a great time to purchase a coat. They are usually massively reduced, so whether you want a bargain because the pennies need to stretch further this year, or want to make a killing on something rather fancy that you’re spending Christmas money on, it’s a great time. Add to that the fact that you will still get at least another 3 months wear out of it, just this year, and it’s an even better purchase to feel smug about.
So here’s my round up, broken down by cost, and please do share any coats you’ve recently been lucky enough to buy or have bestowed upon you for Christmas!
- Car Coats have been everywhere this season and I think require a certain je ne sais quoi, but if you think you’ve got it, this colour blocked number will take you right through to spring and beyond. Red Car Coat – Oasis
- My sister bought this steal of a coat in the sales and it looks great on, if a little boring in the picture. Smart, with with a bit of interest in the colour it’s a flattering shape for curvier girls. Double breasted reefer texture (burgundy) coat – Oasis
- I bought a parka last month and haven’t had it off. Dress it up or down and this one is perfect for that off-duty model look. Ted Baker Hooded (parka) jacket with tie waist
- You’ve got to love the detail in this Whistles Emely D-Ring Coat in classic camel brought up to date with the tangerine detailing.
- Feeling seventies? Get some Disco fever – just as good with jeans as a frock, in this Reiss Jillie faux fur jacket (as seen on Cheryl Cole)
- And my old favourite the cape, previously seen on Florence Finds, but not at this price – Alice Temperley Black Riviera Cape from My-Wardrobe.com
- For a quality pop of colour, I love this DKNY Pink Double breasted wool coat from My-wardrobe.com
- If you’ve got a boss to impress, hell, anyone to impress, you can’t go wrong with this uber luxe longline (yet slim) coat from Jaeger – The Warwick – Camel full length wool and angora coat
So, any favourites for you here? Or have you got a steal to share, please let us know!