In my family, it’s customary to have a main christmas or birthday present, and also some small presents too, which is lovely to receive but tricky to accomplish sometimes. It’s hard to find stocking fillers that are both ‘wanted’ and also within budget as they can easily add up. I’ve rounded up a selection of my favourites here for girls and guys (although of course some you might disagree with me – cheese lovers I’m looking at you! 😉 )
Earrings £6 Accessorize // Burt Bees Lip Balm, John Lewis £3.14 // Tangle Teezer £10.99 John Lewis // Glitter Tape, £3.50/roll Paper Mash // Bespoke pencil set £25 Abigail Warner at NOTHS.com // Meringue Girls Cookbook Amazon £10.20
Happy Socks £8, ASOS // iPhone initial case – Paperchase £12 // Stag and Owl Wine stoppers, Paperchase £8 // Ravioli cutter, Tesco £5.99 // Alex Ferguson My Autobiography, Amazon £12 // Wensleydale with Fig and Orange truckle £1 ASDA
For the girls…
- Pretty studs for every day
- A sweet lip balm
- For girls of all ages, a hair brush guaranteed to get through those knotty ends
- Sparkly tape for all manner of gift wrapping and crafty plans
- Personalised pencils for the smartest girl at school (or in the office)
- For the domestic goddess, or sweet toothed, the cookbook of the moment.
- Christmas cheese for festive nibbles
- The most talked about autobiography (and book?) this year, a must for any football fan.
- For the foodie, a ravioli press to make his own filled pasta parcels
- Happy socks, because black socks are boring.
- An initialled Phone cover
- For a litte bit of gentlemanly style, a stag wine stopper.
I know I always find picking out budget stocking fillers tricky without resorting to the same old same old and without spending a fortune, so I’d love to hear if you have any great ideas?