I thought after my talk of Sale Steals, it was also time to focus on what you might look to pick up either in the sales if you’re particularly lucky, or in preparation for the new season. I get sick of the current trends round about this time of year and look for items that work now but will also work with my autumn wardrobe and I’ve got three items for you to invest in now that you won’t regret.
First up, accessories with the new shape of bag…
Boxer bags – Inspiration: Celine (Image via Atlantic Pacific)
- Aila Cobalt blue bag, My-Wardrobe.com (Look out for this designer – first spotted street style at LFW in Spring, she’s now stocked at My-Wardrobe and sure to be hot property.)
- Boxer bag, Marc by Marc Jacobs at My-Wardrobe.com
- Violet Cooper leather tote, Smythson at My-Wardrobe.com
- Red Mini Satchel, Phillip Lim at My-Wardrobe.com
Wedge heeled high tops – Inspired by: Isabel Marant wedge heel high tops
- White and Silver, River Island
- Grey and tan acrobat wedge trainers, Topshop
- Bowie wedge trainers, Ash at My-Wardrobe.com
- Tan with black edging and laces, Giuseppe Zanotti at My-Wardrobe.com
The Statement Knit – Inspired by: Markus Lupfer
- Markus Lupfer (both) at Net a Porter
- ‘Oh la la’ Zoe Karssen at Net a Porter
- Antelope sweater, Whistles
- Wink – Moschino Cheap and Chic, Selfridges
Markus Lupfer has been making his quirky knits with embellished fronts for several seasons now but the high street is catching on and his fun take on luxe (cashmere is his thread of choice,) means weekend down time never looked quite so cool.
I hope you’ll forgive me – as emerging trends for the coming season these are all high end choices that are starting the style races, but you wait, they’ll be filtering down to a high street near you very soon, just make a note of those key styles and you won’t go far wrong.
Let me know if you like them readers, or if you’re making any key purchases soon for the coming season?