This month has flown by, faster than any other month this year. Perhaps it was how full it was – we went to CarFest one weekend then away for a week in Cornwall. Or perhaps it was the countdown to Jess & Dan’s wedding which is now only 2 days away. Either way, there hasn’t been a moment for reflection so I’m enjoying looking back at my last days of summer before the new season starts next week.
- The shorts I haven’t had off all summer
- Summer time gin-drinking
- Healthy alfresco eating
- Beautiful evening clouds
- Making paper poms for the wedding
- The spare room coming together with hints of coral.
- Our view from the house in Bude that we stayed at
- Clifftop and beachfront walks on the north Cornwall coastal path
- Bodyboarding with Pete
- A day out in Padstow (more to come!)
- Dressing for dinner in coral and peach
- The perfect bank holiday lie in…
- Sweet Peas from the allotment
- My favourite summer shirt (from Monsoon)
- A rare moment of peace on holiday, enjoying the sunset on the beach.
How was your August readers?
This month is a tale of two halves. As you read this I’m travelling back from 2 weeks in South Africa, (remember when I started planning back in January?) I have so much to share from the trip but for now will whet your appetite with a few Instagram snaps. The first half of the month follows, with my usual and far less interesting exploits 😉
As always, the links in the list go back to posts I have written that correspond to the snaps (if you want to catch up,) and you can follow me throughout the month on Instagram @rebecca_norris on your phone, online or there’s a feed on the right hand side bar here on Florence Finds 🙂
- My Travel Outfit for the plane: spots and stripes, layers and flats.
- Cocktails on the roof of The Grand Daddy Hotel, amongst Airstream caravans
- A long way from anywhere, at the Cape of Good Hope
- A rainy day outfit for walking and sightseeing on the Atlantic peninsula.
- The view from our Camps Bay Hotel
- African Pengins at Boulders beach
- Just one selection of amazing seafood we enjoyed.
- Table Mountain, from the ferry to Robben Island
- My very apt lion birthday card (from Paperchase) from Pete 🙂
- Birthday outfit
- The view from Table Mountain
- Camps Bay beach
- One of our hotels on route to The Eastern Cape
- Meeting the Cheetah’s at Tenikwa – a trip highlight.
- Making macarons with my sister and enjoying nights out over Easter, with Francesca again.
- Re-wearing my Whistles Wisteria print dress for a (cold) early April wedding with tights and sparkly shoes (see it worn here and here also)
- Mixing animal prints in my new favourite outfit – worn for the Style Me Vintage Weddings book launch in London.
- Animal print points with my blue lace skirt (and Pete getting in on the footwear action!)
- The Style Me Vintage Weddings launch
- Breakfast in Hoxton
- New reading material, courtesy of Gemma, pre-holiday.
- Purchases from & Other Stories
- Trying out my new boots and my go-anywhere dress for dinner one night.
- New art (that I bought pete for his birthday) framed and ready to hang, starting off our new gallery wall.
- Outfits of the day, trying to bring colour into cold days.
How was your April readers? Are you looking forward to May with all it’s bank holidays and the promise of warmer weather?
When I started looking through this months Instagram images for my October re-cap I realised I hadn’t taken as many as usual… probably a reflection of how busy this month has been. I’ve been to London twice, once for the Cosmo Blog Awards, spent a weekend at home for my Mum’s birthday, the following weekend at my nephews Christening and the one after that marked the start of our holiday. Anyway, here’s a round up of the little things I’ve snapped this month. You’ll have to wait for more holiday updates!
- First outing for my coloured tights this year.
- Transitional dressing in primary brights.
- Loving a pillar box red mani this Autumn.
- My favourite new flats.
- Make up essentials for a post workout touch up: Laura Mercier Tinted moisturiser, Smashbox High definition concealer, Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge and Extreme Party Mascara.
- New High-tops.
- No.7 Total Renewal Micro dermabrasion exfoliator (read my review here.)
- Cosy winter socks
- Oxblood Autumn outfit.
- Choosing dresses for the Cosmo Blog Awards & choosing nail colours for a holiday manicure at Nails Inc.
- My latest food obsession, porridge.
- Cocktails with Mum and Francesca for her birthday.
- Apples in my garden and cake for post Wedding dress shopping analysis at And the Dish ran away with the Spoon in Didsbury.
What have you been up to this month readers?
I thought I’d do this months Instagram round up a little differently and focus on one area of my images as when I looked back, I realised they fall into distinct groups of fashion or outfit shots, food and my life behind the scenes. Maybe I’ll share another group next week…
For now though, here’s what Flo wore in July…
Row 1: French Connection dress [work outfit] // French Connection top and bright flats [work outfit] // New brogues
Row 2: Whistles big spot blouse [sale purchase] // Zara gold thread blouse [sale] // GAP polka spot blouse
Row 3: What to Wear // Wide leg jeans and striped tee [sale] // Accessorize glitzy bee and fox rings
Row 4: Whistles Angel jumper with blue jeans and parka // The Dream. Find. Do. wardrobe department // New patterned Topshop trousers for summer [sale]
Row 5: Zara Frill bottom top for hot days [work outfit] [sale] // French Connection skirt [sale] // Sunday outfit in chambray and converse with the x100.
So, I’ll tell you my favourite, if you tell me yours?
It’s only the 29th but it’s time to share a bit of behind the scenes action with you from my month, captured on Instagrid.me. I’ve been working so much this month that I haven’t had as much to share with you, but I hope you enjoy them all the same.
(Don’t forget, you’ve already seen lots of my Instagram pics in my Nottinghill, Shoreditch and Hoxton Hotel reviews…)
- How I spend my Saturday mornings… Yes, I’m still going to Brit Mil Fit. Yes, it’s still great 🙂 No, I haven’t lost any weight. Hmph.
- My lap cat (not the one who pees on the carpet.)
- Planning our trip to London on the back of a kitchen mag on the train down.
- Nail trends a la Florence: Paint your ring finger a contrasting (or toning) colour and last weekend’s lilac tips.
- Summer sunshine brings salad in our house. This one was BBQ-ed chinese marinated chicken, with orange pieces and lemon creme fraiche. I think it needed some pine or walnuts…
- My new sex-pert status as Laura Lawson said on Twitter
- Have you had a creme egg yet?
- Cupcakes for Mother’s day on Beech Road, Chorlton. Possibly the prettiest I’ve ever seen and easy to DIY I reckon!
- Tulips, with pink popping against my grey walls.
- The Red trousers are out again…
How has your month been?