This morning I thought it was time for something savoury and in a bold vote of confidence in the English weather, I thought this recipe, the final one from the One Brand event Gemma attended would be perfect, as it has the word ‘Barbecue’ in it. 🙂
LAMB TIKKA WITH CURRIED CAULIFLOWER PANCAKES
Created by Simon Rimmer especially for the One Brand.
Pancakes – 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets – blanched
4 salted anchovies, finely chopped
8 beaten One Good Eggs
100g dry breadcrumbs
50-75g plain flour
75g grated pecorino
Tablespoon curry powder
800g cubed lamb loin (large cubes)
100ml natural yoghurt
Juice 1 lime
2 cloves crushed garlic
25mm piece ginger, finely chopped
15g ground coriander
5g ground cumin
5g ground garam masala
Juice 1 lemon mixed with 100g butter
Serve with cucumber raita and coriander blended with vinegar
- Pancakes – fry the cauliflower and anchovies over med heat for 2-3 mins until soft, stir regularly. Put in a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients, stir, but don’t worry about cauliflower lumpy bits, they’re supposed to be there.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mix into a fry pan with hot oil, cook 3 mins each side
- Combine the marinade ingredients, coat the lamb well, thread onto wooden skewers and cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- After they’ve marinated place on a medium heat on the BBQ, baste with the butter and lemon, and turn when golden.