For those of you who are last minute shopping, we have a slew of gift guides this week for you and a couple of festive treats from my contributors. Hold onto your Santa hats!
Although I love the festive feeling of towns all dressed up in their twinkly lights, I must admit I have a real aversion to shopping when it’s incredibly busy. Brings me out in a cold sweat. So I tend to do the bulk of my shopping online from the comfort of my own home.
And with a really varied range of people to buy for this year my finds are quite an eclectic mix, so I’ve split them into a few gift guides which Rebecca is kindly sharing with you readers throughout the week.
First up is the stylish homemaker… we all have a friend who loves her home and gets excited about paint and wallpaper samples, well these are the perfect gifts for her (or him!). This one was pretty easy for me to put together as it’s basically everything I already want.
- 1. Magazine buying always feels like such an indulgent luxury so what could be better than having this drop through your letterbox every month? A subscription actually works out much more cost-effective too. Living etc Magazine Subscription Gift Pack (12 issues)
- 2. I love the intricate design of this Morse-Code Love Blanket by HollyBerry (how can you not buy one for Christmas with that name?)
- 3. If you’re going to give scented candles then why not make sure they’re the best… Tom Dixon Scented Candle Gift Set I can see these making great desk pots once the candle has burned away
- 4. The neon trend shows no signs of slowing down and these are a quirky little gift that won’t break the bank but will definitely impress Seletti – Neon Art Neon Letters Numbers and Shapes
- 5. It may be practical but oh how pretty is it? Seletti Cutting Board
- 6. This has long been on my list and I’m hoping will be under my own tree this Christmas Decorating with Style Abigail Ahern
- 7. This may seem like an off choice of present but seriously I would love it if someone bought me these, they’re hard to track down and it’s one of those items I covet and never get round to buying Heals Plumen Bulbs. A stocking filler perhaps?
- 8. Sipsmith Damson Vodka 50cl and 9. Kosta Boda Tumblers Of course these have to be given together, perhaps with a little handwritten recipe for a delicious Damson Vodka cocktail
- 10. Ceramic Letter Hook another unexpected stocking filler that’s cute and original
- 11. We Love Karou Mug sipping a morning coffee in these is guaranteed to bring a smile to anyone’s face
- 12. And of course they could only sit atop these Artek Siena Coasters. Gorgeous!