As we’re currently getting the knock through done to our bedroom (into the dressing room) part of our house is resembling something of a building site. In order to avoid thinking about it I’m doing the sensible thing and fantasising about part of our house that I really dislike (decor-wise) and really want to change, but don’t have any plans to do so for probably a year or more. (We have already blocked up a doorway in the hall and have yet to move another, so there is no point decorating before that is done.)
Our hall has great bones but an old fashioned wallpaper below the dado rail and an abundance of cream paint. The floor is half decent as its one saving grace, along with the pretty bannister spindles. I’m envisaging a bright and light white painted hallway with a blue and white patterned modern wallpaper for practicality below the dado and lots of super bright accents.
- Kelly Hoppen for Graham and Brown Ikat wallpaper
- Vivienne Westwood for Cole and Son Squiggle Wallpaper
- Farrow & Ball Tessella wallpaper
- Wall wonder mirror shelf by Ferm Living
- BHS star light
- Ronnie & Frank screen print, Yoke.
- Bird cage chandelier, Graham & Green
- Freya Footstool, M&S
- Colby low storage unit, Habitat
I want to create a space that is bright, modern and welcoming with tons of personality and family friendly too. I just wish we could do it sooner!
What do you think readers?