Now that we’re not getting the Cosatto pram (which came with a changing bag,) I’m starting to think that I can’t bury my head in the sand about changing bags anymore and need to find something to do the job. Trouble is, I’m kind of fussy about my bags and whilst I’m not bothered about finding a bag that is trying to pretend to be a handbag, I do want something that fits my style.
I thought I’d share some of my criteria and some of the better brands and bags I have spotted.
- Wipe clean/waterproof (for pushing the pram in Manchester drizzle.)
- Reasonably priced ie, significantly less than £100
- Stylish (puts a rucksack out of the question – not me at all.)
- Not huge – I’m not a big packer and don’t want to lug around everything but the kitchen sink.
- Not overtly feminine (I have asked Pete about this and he doesn’t care what the changing bag looks like, but I don’t want him to feel totally silly.)
- Not too bothered about inserts/included changing bags or bottle holders, but the more expensive it is, the more bothered I would be.
- Cross body strap for hands-free ease.
Babymel bags are from London (I do love supporting British brands) and have great designs and patterns. I really like this navy spot bag as it will work in winter and summer, without looking silly on Pete.
This weekend I saw my girlfriends for a kind of pseudo baby shower (Read: indulgent afternoon tea and dinner out while I grilled them for birth and baby info.) One brought along her 5 week old and this changing bag recommended by 2 of the others there as a unisex option and it has some amazing features, like top access without lifting the flap and a waterproof sealed pocket for soiled items.
Pacapod Napier £85
I’m a real sucker for anything organisational, so the Pacapods really appeal to me. Is it just a gimmick though and will all those compartments just add to access difficulties?
Skip Hop Forma changing bag £65 and grab and go wet/dry bag £13
Also love the chevron print of the Skiphop Forma bag and the wet/dry grab and go bag. Although there’s no cross body strap for this one.
What do you think readers? Got a recommendation I should look into? Roz suggested TK Maxx. What I really need to know is:
What are your essential changing bag contents?