I have to admit, I wasn’t always a fan of the trend for canvas book bags. That was until I saw Alphabet Bag and their cool typographical designs.
I became the proud owner of an Alphabet Bag a couple of months ago when they kindly sponsored our first Dream. Find. Do. workshop and you can see my gold foil R bag in use here – I’ve been taking it everywhere! 🙂
With Christmas a-coming, the bags are great presents for that hard-to-buy-for friend or anybody who loves personalised gifts, and you don’t have to sacrifice style. They also do canvas and zip pouches (perfect for make-up bags,) Rob Ryan designs, mini bags for tots and wedding party designs. At £12 for a gold foil initial, I think they’re a great buy 🙂
And how festive is the winter range? I LOVE.
This morning I was going to put together a piece on work bags for summer wear, hard working carry-alls that will look chic in the office and just as sweet at the weekend. I got side-tracked however by this fabulous offer at Reiss. For someone who is a huge fan of handbags, (yes, I’d actually take a Mulberry over Louboutins,) it takes a lot to impress me in the bag department, but for the last couple of seasons I’ve been sorely tempted by Reiss and their gorgeous leather goods. The level of detail is fantastic and the look is very luxe. The prices can be a litle more than you might be used to paying, although I always think it’s money well spent in a bag as you use it every single day. Which leads me to my reason for sharing today… there’s 30% on selected bags at www.reissonline.com right now! (All prices below with 30% already removed.)
So here’s my selection for work, or play, in summer appropriate shades.
- Let’s start off with my absolute favourite. Strongly remininscent of an Anya Hindmarch design that I regularly lust after and with enough quirk about it to take you from office to bar, yet still be taken seriously in the boardroom. ‘Barney’ striped cream leather and canvas bag – Reiss £157
- I couldn’t miss out Reiss’s longstanding classic – The ‘Bleeker’ and it’s not hard to see why, when you clock her timeless lines. Bleeker in ‘natural’ – Reiss £192
- I love the slouchy slightly 70’s look to this woven leather bag and the monochrome colours mean it looks super stylish day to day. Fancy it for weekend? You can also pick them up in a very on-trend metallic silver.) ‘Vida’ weave shoulder bag in black and cream – Reiss £185
- If you want something casual, for a summer city break perhaps or just in your city this summer, you can’t go wrong with the hard working and hard wearing denim and tan leather detailing on this shopper. ‘Riviera’ large denim shopper – Reiss £136
- If you like a shoulder strap or satchel style, this dove grey bag is perfect for wearing for work or the weekend and will be just as good in winter due to its neutral tones. ‘Barton’ light grey satchel – Reiss £174
- Couldn’t miss out this luxe-looking quilted purse a great treat for yourself or for a special friends birthday… ‘Gena’ quilted leather wallet – Reiss £62
- If you’ve got a summer wedding to attend then how about this clutch? With that gorgeous woven leather again and goes-with-everything cream, it’s a bargain that you’ll use for years to come. ‘Faye’ weave clutch bag – Reiss £118
- Ditto this satin pleated clutch in an on-trend cornflower blue which I had to include, simply because it’s Gemma’s favourite colour 🙂 ‘Tiffany’ mid-blue pleat clutch bag – Reiss £55
So, can I tempt you ladies? Do share your favourites!
PS! It’s a three post Thursday!