This afternoon, I’m back to looking ahead at the forthcoming Autumn/Winter fashion season and after posting the Whistles look book I thought I’d also share styles we’ve got to look forward to from Reiss. I’ve loved trying to pin down the trends for the coming season for as long as I have loved fashion and can remember as far back as being in my mid to late teens collecting the September issues and making lists of must-have items. Reiss doesn’t have to be your thing particularly (although it’s hard not to find something you love here) but use these images to start picking out the trends you’ll be rocking as the evenings draw in and a chill hits the air.
Here are my pick of the trends to look out for and my favourite looks for the Reiss AW12 look book.
- Red is going to be a big accent colour this winter and I am falling in love with emerald green all over again.
- Choose mannish tailoring and structured shapes in coats and collars
- Cinch in that waist – whether it’s skinny or waspishly wide, you’ll need a statement belt.
- The other accent colour to watch? Purple. Be warned.
- Pastel shades and the aquatic theme stay big with iridescent metallics and shades of cornflower and powder blue with mint and aqua.
- Silhouettes are covered up in midi and maxi skirts, long sleeves and mere flashes of flesh at the ankle and waist. Want to bare more? Go sheer.
- Black? It’s back.
See anything you like here readers? I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Reiss this season is appealing to me more than ever before, so I can’t wait to start wearing some of these trends.