It’s that time, another month has passed us by and in some ways, with the weather we’ve had, I won’t be sad to say goodbye to April. However it has also been a monumental month for me, starting with my best friend’s birthday, taking in my own birthday and a friends wedding, so there has been lot of fun had. Here’s the behind the scenes, insider snapshots of what’s really been happening via my Instagram feed…
- Jess with her French and English bag, while we were having nails done for her birthday.
- Finding somewhere to stash my easter eggs and something to display in my new dome.
- Flo’s mention in Closer
- A classic workwear outfit, (Whistles trousers, Banana Republic enamel bangle, M&S shirt and Dune nude flats.)
- Finding macaroons in the basement Aubain restaurant in Selfridges, manchester. Amazing, and dangerous to have a local supply. I took Pete to have his first ones and now he’s hooked too!
- My DIY ombre cake mix before they went into the oven.
- Easter weekend on Southport beach, looking at the Pier.
- Fabulous lighting at birthday drinks in The Alchemist in Manchester. Officially my favourite cocktail bar and highly recommended if you’re in town.
- For your entertainment, the funniest birthday card I received…
- Washing my make-up brushes. How often do you wash yours? I just wet mine and swirl them in the palm of my hand with a little shampoo then let them dry over night, every week or two. Try it.
- My current nail combos – Lilac on hands, navy on toes. I’ve glittered all my toes, but just my ring fingers on the hands. I can’t believe how versatile this glitter polish has been actually. So far I’ve layered it over fuschia pink, minty blue, yellow, navy and lilac.
- The new Love of my Life… Nine West shoes. (Did I mention they do them in black?)
- Revelling in peony season… more coming later this week from Becky.
How was your April?
PS. Wondering how I made the graphic up there? Here’s the tutorial.