This morning I thought it was time for something savoury and in a bold vote of confidence in the English weather, I thought this recipe, the final one from the One Brand event Gemma attended would be perfect, as it has the word ‘Barbecue’ in it.
LAMB TIKKA WITH CURRIED CAULIFLOWER PANCAKES
Created by Simon Rimmer especially for the One Brand.
Pancakes – 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets – blanched
4 salted anchovies, finely chopped
8 beaten One Good Eggs
100g dry breadcrumbs
50-75g plain flour
75g grated pecorino
Tablespoon curry powder
800g cubed lamb loin (large cubes)
100ml natural yoghurt
Juice 1 lime
2 cloves crushed garlic
25mm piece ginger, finely chopped
15g ground coriander
5g ground cumin
5g ground garam masala
Juice 1 lemon mixed with 100g butter
Serve with cucumber raita and coriander blended with vinegar
- Pancakes – fry the cauliflower and anchovies over med heat for 2-3 mins until soft, stir regularly. Put in a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients, stir, but don’t worry about cauliflower lumpy bits, they’re supposed to be there.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mix into a fry pan with hot oil, cook 3 mins each side
- Combine the marinade ingredients, coat the lamb well, thread onto wooden skewers and cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- After they’ve marinated place on a medium heat on the BBQ, baste with the butter and lemon, and turn when golden.