Ok ladies, without wishing to strike the fear of God (or Christmas Shopping) into you all, it’s 5 and a half weeks to Christmas and that means it’s time to turn our attention to gifts.
I’ve been purposely putting off gift guides not wanting to engage in starting the ‘Christmas Fear’ too early this year but you know what, I haven’t bought a single present yet so this is as much a guide for me as you!
I know as I’ve got older (read ‘busier with more presents to buy’) Christmas shopping has become less of an enjoyable thing to do and more a chore to tick off. Of course there are still people I love shopping for, but many of my friends and family are so darn difficult it just becomes an added stress and pressure. The idea of these guides is that you get to find some little gems that perhaps your friends won’t have seen before and as a result you get bonus gift-buying points! They’re all available online too to make life even easier. 🙂
I’m starting with an easy one… finds for beauty queens and some retro style gifts.
- I always try and get something limited edition for friends who are addicted to make up and it’s always such a treat to recieve so goes down well with any woman in your life. I love this Laura Mercier Face Illuminator (Limited edition) – Rose Rendezvous £31
- Wipe clean make-up bags are an essential for travelling and organisation but not often as pretty as this Key-Per Triple Pouch, from Fossil – £35
- New make-up brushes are always good for a beauty queen and this set from Marks and Spencers covers all the basics for a bargain £15. Try Mac for more specialist shapes.
- We all have lots of basics in our make-up bag but sometimes don’t splash out on the real McCoy when we’re on a budget. Why not upgrade your friends trusty essentials to the top of the range brands? For the last word in lash curling get the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers or for brows, these Tweezerman for Benefit slant tweezers.
- Got a friend who always has perfect nails? Update her nail wardrobe with the Nails Inc Heavy Metals collection – bang on trend metallics for party nails – £25
- Everyone knows someone who’s addicted to lipgloss and this set has a good range of wearable colours in a cute gift box. Ticket to Glossy Town, Benefit – £19.50
- I just love the range of purses Fossil has with crafted details like this Scarlett Penelope Wristlet. Fossil – £45
- A friend of mine has this and I thought it was fabulous… iPhone vintage look camera case, perfect for giving modern accessories retro style. – NotOnTheHighStreet.com – £18
- My new favourite Cath Kidston print comes in a super soft scarf for winter… British birds shawl, Cath Kidston – £48
- How about some retro kitchen style? Orla Kiely Mug, John Lewis – £8.50
- Retro Alarm clock – £16.95 – Brilliant 60’s style design for a bargain price.
- I spotted these 50’s Petticoats over on Love My Dress (check out the competition to win one!) How much fun do they look? Doris Designs – £63
- You can’t get more retro than the perfect red pout… Chanel Red lipstick
Have you spotted something here that you know someone will love or are you cheating and compiling your own Christmas list?
Is there something you would like to see Florence’s gift guide cover to help your Christmas shopping? Drop me a comment below and I’ll see what I can do!