Since the inception of Florence Finds I’ve been asked about a launch party, a meet up, or even just an informal gathering of all the wonderful, creative, intelligent and generally fabulous women who read every day.
And I have stalled.
You see, there’s nothing like meeting your readers. It’s one of the very best parts of blogging, and in fact bringing those like-minded ladies together. But I need to do this properly. It may well turn into an unofficial late launch party if the demand is there, or there may just be ten of us having a grand old time somewhere suitably fancy.
What I can promise is that there will be cake. And lots of it.
I’m going to give you a brief outline of my plan and then I’d like anybody who is interested to sign up below (make sure you have a valid email address when you leave the comment as that’s how we’ll be contacting you.) Once I have a better idea of numbers then I can work out a venue and date.
- The meet up will be in London, with another to follow in Manchester at a later date. Venue tbc but will be central.
- The event will be afternoon tea, somewhere licensed, with the option to go on afterwards elsewhere
- I’m looking at a Saturday afternoon and will aim to give you all 3-4 weeks notice.
- Obviously, as much as I would love to, I can’t shout you all afternoon tea, so there will be a ticketing process, in which you will have to purchase your ticket directly from the venue.
- It would be really helpful if you could give an indication of how much you would be happy to pay for a standard afternoon tea in your comment below, cocktails and fizz will be optional extras at your discretion.
This is not an industry networking event – just an opportunity for like-minded women to get together and also for me to meet you all! That said, if you have a blog and wish to bring cards and network, I’m not going to stop you.
Ok, so get commenting – I can’t wait to meet you all and catch up with those of you I already know!
Very Excited Love,
PS. Expressions of interest below are for the London or Manchester meet ups – please specify which you are interested in!
PPS: Can you imagine the Friday Frock?